It’s hard to focus on the news now that I have Pierogis on the brain, but below is news about another company with a vaccine mandate, expanding clinics, and daycare grants. Check out that, the events and more below.
Weather today, 08/10: A few showers in the afternoon. High: 79 Low: 65.
Here are the best stories today in Raleigh:
- Red Hat Software Company announced that all associates and contractors must be vaccinated against COVID-19 by 29 november. The company said the requirement is in place to all American associates and entrepreneurs wherever they work, including remote workers. They also said that exceptions would only be granted in very few cases. limited circumstances. (CRN)
- A man was taken into custody after barricade inside his home. Police responded to a call Blue Ridge Road around midnight. After refusing to respond to the police, the house was barricaded for four hours. (CBS17)
- WakeMed is in partnership with the state and local government to open four new antibody clinics who will provide monoclonal antibody treatment. Antibodies are free and most private insurers will cover the cost, but WakeMed Associate Chief Medical Officer, Dr David Kirk says that even if you don’t have insurance they will make sure you can get the treatment. Staff will be transported by plane from across the country to help with the program. (CBS17)
- The city heard a six month update to the program that regulates short term rentals in Raleigh. Council members as well as many Raleigh residents are in favor of short-term rentals as they provide extra income and affordable housing during a visit. Since the permit system began, the city has received only one complaint about a property. (INDY week)
- Day care centers may soon see a major boost in federal funding. Governor Roy Cooper announced Thursday that North Carolina will receive $ 805 million of American rescue plan. The money will give North Carolina daycares the opportunity to apply for a grant that could award up to $ 60,000 per quarter as needed. (abc11)
Today’s Raleigh Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and gain access to this amazing technology – Click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Raleigh!
Today in Raleigh:
Premium: Best bets of the WRAL weekend (WRAL)
- If you are looking to do it all National Pierogi Day, to verify Polish market in Polonez in Raleigh!
- A resident of Cary is looking to find a kidney match for his father in an unusual way. (abc11)
- If you plan to go to Disney on ice, get your presale code now! (WRAL)
Did you know that you can feature your local business here in the newsletter for just $ 79 per month? Click here to find out more.
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Friday! See you tomorrow for your next update. If you are feeling these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– CJ Fullford
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Raleigh Daily? Contact us anytime at [email protected]