Find here today’s news headlines by Jagran Josh for May 16, 2022.
Current Affairs Today Headline – May 16, 2022
- India reports 2,202 new cases, 2,550 recoveries and 27 deaths in the past 24 hours, bringing the total active cases to 17,317.
- India will host the main counter-terrorism meeting of the SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) today in New Delhi, a three-member Pakistani delegate will also attend.
- Prime Minister Modi will lay the foundation stone of the Buddhist Culture and Heritage Center in Lumbini, Nepal today.
- India and Nepal will sign five MoUs during Prime Minister Modi’s visit to Lumbini.
- President Ram Nath Kovind’s four-day visit to Jamaica, the first-ever visit by an Indian head of state, begins today with an enthusiastic welcome from the Indian diaspora.
- Rajiv Kumar takes office as 25th Chief Election Commissioner.
- International Museum Day: The National Museum will organize special events from May 16 to 20.
- Congress adopts Udaipur Declaration, proposals include 1 Family, 1 Ticket.
- The Congress will launch “Kanyakumari to Kashmir Bharat Jodo” Yatra from October 2.
- Cannes XR will premiere AR Rahman’s directorial debut, “The Musk”.
- The flood situation in Cachar district of Assam remains grim with thousands of people affected.
- With mercury reaching 49 degrees Celsius in parts of the nation’s capital on May 15, people have been advised not to venture out unless necessary.
- Anurag Thakur announces a cash prize of Rs 1 crore for the Indian men’s team for winning the Thomas Cup trophy.
- Hockey India will organize the 2022 FIH Academy Level ‘2’ & ‘3’ Coaching Course in Bhubaneswar.
- Bathinda’s daughter Shreya Singla makes the country proud, wins badminton gold at the 24th Deaflympics in Brazil.
- Novak Djokovic clinched his sixth Italian Open title on Sunday after a straight-set victory over Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-0, 7-6 (7/5) in Rome
- Switzerland is voting to increase the availability of organ transplants by making everyone a potential donor after death, unless they have specifically said no.
- Singapore president launches new Indian organization.
- Kim Jong Un slams North Korea’s response to the pandemic and orders the military to help distribute medicine, as more than a million people suffer from what Pyongyang calls a ‘fever’ and 50 die have been reported.
- Former President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud was elected to a new term as Somalia’s president on May 15, with celebratory gunfire erupting in the capital Mogadishu.
- Spain is set to join only a few other nations in the world in offering paid time off for painful menstruation.
Take weekly tests on the app to prepare for exams and compete with others. Download the Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए पर वीकली वीकली लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा।। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप