1. Helen Hays opened Haven Space Lounge at 5291, chemin Valleydale, unit 125. 205-582-2600, havenspacessalon.com
2. Longhorn Steakhouse opened its new restaurant at 1063 Amber Drive in the Stadium Trace Village development on April 13. 205-986-0600, longhornsteakhouse.com
3. Taco Bell opened on an outparcel at 5622 Grove Blvd. in The Grove Shopping Center. tacobell.com
4. Former Auburn University and NFL player Reggie Torbor and his wife Michelle were to open a new cafe called Taproot Cafe, 5190 Medford Drive, Suite 124, in April. The cafe offers healthy, seasonal dishes from local suppliers.
5. The new Dunkin ‘ opened at 2415 Acton Road on April 13, offering coffee, donuts and other goodies to nearby residents. dunkindonuts.com
6. Joint chiropractic, 270 Doug Baker Blvd., Suite 400, is now open and offers pain relief and preventative care by licensed chiropractors with evening and weekend hours. 205-927-4892, thejoint.com
7. The US 280 location of Best buy moved from River Ridge Mall and is now open at Brook Highland Mall at 5201 US 280. 205-437-8966, bestbuy.com
8. Whiskey Foxtrot Burger Dive, 2341 John Hawkins Parkway, has pushed back its scheduled opening date at the former location of Jubilee Joe’s Cajun seafood restaurant to May 24.
News and Achievements
9. On April 19, Hoover City Council approved Whataburger to build a drive-through restaurant on the site currently occupied by Pier 1 Imports in the Riverchase Promenade shopping center. whataburger.com
10. Ruby Sunshine, a New Orleans-inspired all-day brunch restaurant, plans to open a new location at 5243 US 280. It also has a location in Homewood’s Edgewood neighborhood. rubysunshine.com
11. The juicy crab The restaurant chain, which started in Duluth, Ga., In 2015, plans to open a location in the former Logan’s Roadhouse in an outparcel in the Colonial Promenade Hoover Mall at 2740 John Hawkins Parkway. In mid-April, there was a location of The Juicy Crab in Tuscaloosa and more planned in Hoover, Dothan, Mobile and Montgomery. In total, The Juicy Crab in mid-April had 32 restaurants in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas and another 15 listed as ” coming up “on the company’s website, including the four newcomers to Alabama. thejuicycrab.com
Removals and renovations
12. Maven Hair Co. moved to a new location at 1001 Beaumont Avenue, Suite 101. 205-616-4255, facebook.com/Maven-Hair- Company-130107177837191
13. On April 5, Hoover City Council approved a license for Lots of Vino to sell beer and wine for consumption off the premises at 1650 Montgomery Freeway in the Hoover Square Mall.
14. The construction of the new Brock’s Gap Brewing Co. Brewery and Faucet Room which will be at the corner of Stadium Trace Parkway and Mineral Trace, right next to the Hoover Metropolitan Stadium car park.
15. Construction of the yellow hammer purchased a 1,414 square foot office condo in the 280 Village office complex at 2803 Greystone Commercial Boulevard, Suite 18. Yellow Hammer Construction was leasing the space. Terry Ponder of NAI Chase Commercial Real Estate represented the owner in the transaction and Tina Baum of RE / MAX Advantage South represented Yellow Hammer. Josh Thaggard of Cadence Bank provided the funding. 205-617-1166, yellowhammerconstruction.com
16. On April 19, Hoover City Council gave Delta Investments and Development approval of the conversion of the Riverchase Car Wash site at 3641 Lorna Road into a convenience store and gas station.
17. D&G Development began construction on a new 12,600 square foot mall in the 5,400 block of US 280, adjacent to Tattersall Park. The hub is said to include Anatole’s bike, skate and surf shop, Dunkin ‘donut and cafe, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, and Jersey Mike’s Subs. 423-429-1107, dg.dev
18. Veterinarian Alexandria Sheppard joined Banfield Pet Hospital inside the PetSmart at 3780 Riverchase Village, Suite 300. Sheppard graduated from Hoover High School in 2009 and received a BA from the University of Alabama at Birmingham in Biology, Chemistry and Marine Sciences in 2013 and an MA in public health and a doctorate in veterinary medicine from St. George’s University in Grenada. She joins Dr Brett Earley at Banfield Pet Hospital. 205-682-9893, banfield.com/veterinarians/al/hoover/hvr
19. ARC Realty had several new agents join its Hoover office at 5220 Peridot Place, Suite 124, in Stadium Trace Village this year. Patti schreiner and Dave taylor came to ARC Realty from RE / MAX, Clara berguson moved from Signature Homes to ARC Realty, and Brittany Mareno joined the ARC Realty team. 205-969-8912, arcrealtyco.com/real-estate-office/103/hoover
20. Dr Mark Kidd, Owner of Double Oak Mountain Animal Clinic, 5490 US 280, died April 4. The veterinary practice will continue to operate with Dr Robert Douglas, and Dr Jason Vargas, the medical director of VCA Liberty Animal Hospital in Liberty Park, has also started providing care at the Double Oak Mountain Animal Clinic. 205-991-5446, doubleoakmountainvet.com
21. Leigh White moved from the Belk spa and salon to the Riverchase Galleria to Chase hair and nails, 3825 Lorna Road, Suite 204. White previously worked at Chase Hair & Nail. She joins Theresa Abouhaidar, Jill Marie Rodriguez, Tracy Giles, Jean Mcree, Carolyn Lovell, Jina Norris, Lina Harb, Sonja Hardy, Jane Smith, Tonya Albarado and Cindy Cross. 205-982-2008
22. Ronald Eason and Ted swartz joined the Hoover office of Krch Realty, 2112 Rocky Ridge Road, Suite 100. 205-543-5303, krchrealty.com
23. Global services, a screen printing, embroidery and logo company of 512 Mineral Trace in the community of Trace Crossings, celebrated its 28th anniversary in March. The company was formed in Bluff Park in 1993, moved to Pelham in 1998 and returned to Hoover in 2006, said co-owner Navdeep Harang. 205-987-7787, shivawear.com
24. Cathie Bonner, physiotherapist and clinic director at South’s Greystone Therapy , 2823, boulevard commercial Greystone, celebrates its 10 years there. 205-408-1713, therapysouth.net
25. F45 South Hoover gym and fitness center, 1713 Montgomery Highway, Suite 139, closed April 12.