If you already have a PORTicipate pass, you may know all the doors it can open.
Available to residents of Port Colborne, the pass launched in 2021.
Here are three ways to use your pass to make the most of this summer.
Vale Health and Wellness Center will be offering the following free programs to residents and families who present their PORTicip pass:
• Free skating: June 12 and 26 from 12 p.m. to 1:20 p.m.
• Stick and puck: June 10 and 24 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:50 p.m.
• 50+ PAYP: June 8 and 22 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
• Senior. and adult skating: June 8 and 22 from 12 p.m. to 12:50 p.m.
• Parents and toddlers: June 8 and 22 from 1 p.m. to 2:20 p.m.
The YMCA will be offering the following free programming as part of the PORTicipate pass:
• Pickleball: June 3 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. for ages 13 and up.
• Open swim: June 11 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. for all ages.
• Outdoor yoga class: June 28 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at HH Knoll Lakeview Park for ages 13 and up.
• Family gymnasium open June 19 from 9 am to 12 pm for all ages.
The pass also allows Port Colborne residents free access to Port Colborne’s two public beaches, Nickel Beach and Centennial-Cedar Bay Beach.
A separate pass is required for SplashTown Niagara Inflatable Water Park at Nickel Beach in addition to other passes. SplashTown Niagara is scheduled to open June 18, 2022.
Splash Town pricing and pass information is available at www.splashtownniagara.ca.
Residents can request the pass or request a replacement if a previously issued pass has been misplaced while visiting www.portcolborne.ca/porticipatepass or by calling 905-835-2900.