Happy Sunday Tampa! Let all of you know what’s going on locally to start today on an informed note.
Are you a local business owner or trader in Tampa? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rain in the afternoon and evening. High: 87 Low: 76.
Here are the best stories today in Tampa:
1. Hispanic Heritage Committee of the Mayor of the City of Tampa, Jane Castor Celebrates the finalists of the annual Hispanic Heritage Poster Competition by displaying 12 winning posters To Tampa International Airport between PF Chang’s and Hard Rock Café. The winning posters will be on display until October 15. (Tampa patch)
2. Florida hotels have lost nearly $ 5 billion in revenue since 2019. Tampa has lost 61.6% of turnover compared to 2019, while Orlando suffered an 81.5% drop. The hospitality industry is pushing a Hotel Jobs Act to help him recover. (WFLA)
3. St. Petersburg Shine Mural Festival comes back from October 15 to October 24. Visitors can navigate their way through the city’s public art with an audio tour app. Local artists featured include Jared Wright, Jason Harvin, Michael Fatutoa and Reid Jenkins. (Creative Loafing Tampa)
4. Saint Petersburg will be mandate COVID-19 vaccines for new city employees, however current employees will not be mandated to be vaccinated. Outgoing Mayor Rick Kriseman said that forcing current employees to get vaccinated “would create a division and impact the city’s ability to provide services to people.” (WTSP)
5. One 58 year old nurse with the Polk County School System died of COVID-19. It is not known if the nurse has been vaccinated. She was one of the many people REAL Academy in Lakeland who has contracted COVID-19 since the start of the new school year. (Fox 13 Tampa)
Today in Tampa:
- Well done to 10 year old 5K Fun Run. (8:30 am)
- Free public skating at the Amalie Arena. (10:00 AM)
- Harvest Holler Corn Maze. (12h00)
- Detroit Tigers at the Tampa Bay Rays. Tropicana Field. (1:10 p.m.)
- Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Raymond James Stadium. (4:05 p.m.)
Tampa Patch Notebook
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: “” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay stingrays: “Donate to the Rays Baseball Foundation at this latest homestand for a chance to win! Read more: mlb.com/rays/community/shirts” (Facebook)
- Senator Janet Cruz: “
with my favorite girl!
- Michael Wax: “Photos of Mount Rushmore of Rays #RaysUp” (Twitter)
- @randude: “Photo of Rocky Point sunrise this morning – wild colors in the sky” (Reddit)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
That’s all for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with your next update. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors for the ride. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Carlos hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the Carlos Eats culinary blog (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contributes to several newspapers and magazines with blogs and articles related to food.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Tampa Daily? Write to me at [email protected]